Sweat Lodge

Native American Indians and First Nations Peoples all over the world have practiced the sweat lodge ceremony for ages. It is a ceremony of purification, healing, thanksgiving and prayer.

Name:
Location: San Diego, California, United States

I am a Wobanaki Metis.

Saturday, July 10, 2004

My Manitou and Programming Code

Greetings Relatives,

Let me tell you another short story involving my manitou, the red-tailed hawk, which happened to me a few years ago.

The job I work at now had assigned me a task of re-writing a computer program and making some modifications to it. It was a "short-fuse" project and had to be accomplished quickly. Now, I knew nothing about programming at the time, and my company knew this, so they had one of their full-time programmers assist me occasionally. My job did not really require any programming skills, as I was doing only "cutting-and-pasting".

The problem was we did not have a few pieces of code necessary to make the program work (as I said we were re-writing an old program - some of this old program code had been lost). Try as we might, neither of us could get the program to run at all, and we were both getting quite frustrated.

Well, my Manitou, the red-tailed hawk, came to me in a dream, and gave me a piece of paper on which was written what was obviously some programming code - none of which I understood. I awoke and immediately wrote down the code.

Yep, you guessed it - it resolved our problem and we were able to deliver the program on schedule.

My friend Karl, the programmer, asked me where I had gotten the code - he did not understand the code either. When I told him I received it in a dream from a red-tailed hawk he just gave me a quizzical look, but said nothing. I'm not sure if he believed me. He knew I really knew nothing about programming, so maybe he did believe me because the code indeed worked.


Walk in Peace,
Steve

Copyright © 1995-2008 Stephen L. Miller